Monday, July 21, 2008

moody

i'm alone in my office at the san francisco chronicle. my officemate/colleague/daytime husband on vacation.

life's little irritations piling up today. scheduling conflicts with dan, listening to everyone gripe about the state of this newspaper, the continuous unresolved saga of preschool, not allowing myself to indulge in a specialties wheat bran oat chocolate chip cookie that used to get me through the afternoon.

mellow weekend despite the fact i embarked on CIO (crying it out) for anyone that doesn't speak infant. roman screamed for half an hour, which was an eternity, while i cowered with a glass of wine, waiting. he stopped though, and slept all night. and for the first time in 10 months, i had the california king-sized bed all to myself.

i did miss that sweet boy, though.

1 comment:

Heather Marlowe said...

CIO- that is hilarious

life's little irritations=hen pecks; too many hen pecks=noteable beak gash

i have a whole hen taxonomy i made up in my "fantasy mind"

you speak infant and i guess i speak hen.